Tips For Getting Your Travel Documents In Hong Kong

Spread the love

Back in the past, travel between countries was hardly regulated: the concept of passports and visas are relatively new as a matter of fact, however, they are certainly not something to be taken lightly. Travelling abroad has now come under close scrutiny by almost every nation, the passport being a travel document issued by your country of citizenship, and the visa document or similar permit being that issued by the country you plan to visit. Keep in mind that travelling without either of these documents can land you in legal trouble (and not to add, it is impossible to use most methods of international transport without travel documents).

 Different countries have different regulations and levels of strictness when it comes to accepting foreigners into their country. Some are relatively lax, as in the case of the Maldives, whereas others are particularly strict. Hong Kong provides visa documents relatively easy, but you should keep in mind that Hong Kong is not a separate country: formally, it is a special administrative region, and is part of the People’s Republic of China. That said, it is one of Asia’s business capitals, and given the fact that it overflows with businesses, company formation agents Hong Kong and other amenities catering to foreign investors and entrepreneurs, it is safe to say that you can easily gain entry to the capital as long as you have the right documents.

 If you inquire into the details of Hong Kong’s visa types from any certified immigration consultant service, you will find that there are a number of different visa types – generally, though, the most important types are the tourist visas and the work visas. As the name explains, tourist visas are for sightseeing and they might be a good idea if you do not plan to have any significant transactions during your stay (for example, if you plan to attend a business conference and meet some businessmen, a tourist visa would suit your needs). On the other hand, if you are planning on opening up an offshore company or any other kind of business that would lead you to acquire significant assets and claims on Hong Kong soil, you will definitely need a work visa.

 Most countries of the Global North do not need complicated procedures to gain tourist visas for Hong Kong: you will find that, as long as you have a passport with at least a six-month validity, you can obtain a tourist visa on entry itself. Of course, you can also do some minor paperwork beforehand if you wish to skip the long queues; either way, you will be given an entry slip with which you can go about Hong Kong (keep this safe as you will need to reproduce it once you have to leave!). The entry slip’s validity differs from country to country: some allow for a prolonged stay of a few months (not exceeding six months; usually around three months), whereas others allow for repeated, short visits (around two weeks) in a six-month period or so.

Author: Jennifer Morgan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.